The Embassy of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
If your passport is lost or stolen, please make a complaint to your local police station and obtain a police report.
New passports are issued under the approval of the Controller General of Immigration and Emigration/Colombo. Please note that it is subject to the complete discretion of the Controller General Immigration and Emigration whether a new passport will be issued in lieu of a lost passport.
This Embassy will conduct an interview with the applicant in this regard. Therefore, please present yourself in person at the Embassy with the following documents for the interview:
You can submit the application to the Consular Division of the Embassy. The Consular Division is open from Monday to Friday (Acceptance and issuance of documents between 09:15 - 13:00 and 14:00 - 16:00). The address is as follows:
* This Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
* Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. Fees will not be refunded in these circumstances.
* Incomplete applications will be returned and consular fees will not be refunded.
* If by a policy decision the Controller General of Immigration decides not to issue a new passport in lieu of a lost passport please note that fees will not be refunded.
* The Department of Immigration and Emigration/Colombo takes around 08 – 10 weeks to issue a new passport through this Embassy for duly completed application forms.