The Embassy of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
An Emergency travel document (Non-Machine Readable Passport (NMRP) is valid for six months may be issued to enable a Sri Lankan national to return to Sri Lanka in case of an emergency in the following circumstances.
* The original passport is lost/damaged/stolen
* The original passport is expired
Temporary Travel documents are valid for 06 months from the date of issue and issued for the sole purpose of returning to Sri Lanka. The applicants cannot travel to any other country by using a NMRP passport or cannot use it to obtain a visa to further stay in Japan.
If the current passport has expired:
If the current passport is lost:
You may submit the application to the Consular Division of the Embassy by post or by hand. The Consular Division is open from Monday to Friday (Acceptance of documents: 9 am - 12 pm, Issuance of documents: 01 pm -03 pm). The address is as follows:
* This Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
* Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. Fees will not be refunded in these circumstances.
* Incomplete applications will be returned and consular fees will not be refunded.
* Temporary Passports are issued only under the approval of the Department of Immigration and Emigration/Colombo.